Lightwater Valley Theme Park
Lightwater Valley family theme park located on the outskirts of Ripon in North Yorkshire offers families and teenagers a thrilling day out amidst 175 acres of glorious countryside. With over 40 rides and attractions for thrill seekers of all ages, we’re a superb choice for kids craving fun and excitement & for parents seeking a safe & secure family attraction.
Ultimate adventures are for anyone with the nerves to face up to the challenge! Start your ultimate adventure by taking to the skies on the Skyrider. Climb aboard, if you dare, The Black Pearl and feel the momentum build as she gets ready to rotate you 360 degrees through the air. Feel the tight grip of The Eagle’s Claw as it provides an insanely extreme experience before ascending to the tree tops on The Twister. The Ultimate is Lightwater Valley’s signature ride and provides a thrilling 1.5 mile cocktail of speed, cornering and airtime. Unique amongst modern day attractions, The Ultimate remains the longest roller coaster in Europe with a ride time approaching six minutes. Take a spinning ride above the trees on Apollo. Finally venture below ground into the world of Raptor Attack’s abandoned mineshaft which offers a completely immersive, underground experience, widely regarded as one of the best dark rides in the United Kingdom.
Mega adventures are suitable for our junior thrill seekers. Here are just a few of our mega rides and attractions...Explore the swashbuckling world of Skeleton Cove for lots of traditional pirate themed entertainment. Climb aboard The Flying Cutlass for some tummy tickling fun as she drops anchor after a treacherous coastal voyage from Scotland, before spinning around on the Pirate Swinger and boarding speedy Skull Rock. Lightwater Valley can be a little wet 'n' wild when you climb into your dinghy and take a splashtastic turn on our Wild River Rapids, or you dare to enter one of the three giant water chutes that are the Falls of Terror. For budding thrill seekers who enjoy feeling the wind in their hair The Ladybird rollercoaster with its dips, twists and turns is the perfect place to begin, and for those who like a bird’s eye view the Lightwater Wheel offers you amazing panoramic views of the whole park.
Mini Adventures are for our youngest guests who are under one metre in height. Here are just a few of our mini adventures rides and attractions ….Run wild on the UK’s largest Angry Birds Activity Park! Incorporating all the Angry Birds characters you know and love, the indoor and outdoor Activity Park offers interactive play complete with tube slides, pig tunnels, slingshots and Angry Birds nesting towers from which to survey the enemy - the Piggies! Jump aboard one of our Eagle’s Creek Farm tractors and take a fun and entertaining journey around our farm, before heading to the Lightwater Falconry Centre where you can see over 35 amazing raptors including Owls and Hawks and watch a spectacular flying show! Pour yourself into one of our giant teacups and let it gently spin you around before climbing aboard our junior pirate ship. Take to the water on one of our Swan Pedal Boats followed by a trip on the Lightwater Express Train which takes you around the perimeter of the valley, taking in all the sights and sounds of the park!
- All children over 1 metre in height need a ticket.
- All children under 1 metre in height but 2 years of age and above need to purchase a ticket.
- Any children/ babies under 2 years of age are admitted free of charge and do not need a ticket.
- Customers with children over 1 metre must purchase an adult ticket. Failure to do so will result in being charged full adult gate rate on arrival.
- Seniors aged over 60 years receive entry for £5 when accompanied by another guest purchasing an Over 1m and/or Under 1m ticket. Senior tickets must be purchased on the gate.
- We recommend that children under the age of 16 years should be accompanied by an adult however this is left to the parent's discretion. Adults are encouraged to leave a contact number at the Visitor Services Office in case of emergency.
- IMPORTANT: Customers must PRINT and present the voucher upon arrival at the Admissions Desk in exchange for your tickets. Failure to bring your PRINTED version of the voucher may result in access to the park being refused and a new set of tickets to be purchased locally at full walk up rate. Please note, the attraction is unable to accept admissions if presenting this voucher on a smartphone or tablet or by quoting the reference number.