Contoy Island Tour from Mayan Riviera
Embark upon a journey of discovery and explore the untouched natural wonders of the uninhabited bird paradise of "Isla Contoy."
Sailing on a motorized boat, this unique experience will take you back in time!
On the way to the island, don a snorkel mask and enter the undersea world on guided underwater reef tour. Then continue to Contoy Island, a fragile environment where only two ships are authorised to dock each day, for conservation reasons.
This virgin island, barely 5.2 miles long and only 70 feet at its narrowest point. It is located about 45 minutes north of Isla Mujeres, situated at the beginning of the second largest coral reef barrier in the world. The beaches are shallow, clear, and calm, with an abundance of aquatic life that will thrill any snorkeler. Isla Contoy is internationally recognized for its flora and fauna, especially the birds, of which more than 90 species are considered either resident or migratory.
With the help of your experienced tour guide, observe and learn about the many species of tropical sea-birds living in this virtually untouched habitat. After the tour, allow the Captain to spoil you with a delicious lunch. You'll then have the opportunity to interact with the friendly stingrays of Stingray Beach before the return journey.
- Departs at 9:00am from the Hacienda Del Mar Marina at Puerto Juarez. Continental Breakfast is served on board while we set sail l to one of the most beautiful reefs in the area for snorkelling.
- 10:40am - Snorkelling for 1 hour. (Equipment and guides are available.)
- 11:40am to 11:50 - We sail to Contoy Island.
- 11:50 - Arrival at Isla Contoy for a guided tour through the Island and the panoramic tower. There is time for lunch and you will get some free time to explore the island.
- 3:40 - We sail back.
- We arrive at the port at approximately 5:00pm.
Please note this tour is subject to cancellation in poor weather or sea conditions.