Game of Thrones Revisited
Revisit the locations of the Game of Thrones scenes and experience the same atmosphere as the cast!
Our Game of Thrones tour will take you to some of the locations in the south of Iceland where many scenes of the fabulous Game of Thrones TV series were shot. The tour was prepared under the guidance and advice from of one of the Icelandic extras, who of course died a violent death by the hands of the Wildlings.
The tour will take you to the gorge of Þingvellir, the stomping ground of the White Walkers and the trail of the Wildlings coming from "North of the Wall".
You will experience the dramatic atmosphere provided by the magnificent nature of Þingvellir and get to know the symbolic significance of that location in context with the story line, You will also visit Þjórsárdalur and the "Settlement Era Viking lodge", the site of the greatest massacre of the series so far.
On route you will also recall some of the scenery from "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and other movies recently made in Iceland.
- See Almannagja gorge in Thingvellir where scenes were filmed depicting the bloody gate of Eyrie.
- See the waterfall Porufoss where a local goat was attacked by one of Daenerys' dragons.
- Meet some of the four-legged stars of the series, Icelandic horses who played parts as Westeros garrons, and are now enjoying their fame at a horse farm near Reykjavik.
- While children 0-11 years old can travel free of charge on this tour, we will need to reserve a place for them in the coach so please remember to let us know how many children are travelling and how old they are!
- Occasionally actual days of operation are subject to change. If this is the case we will endeavour to book a day as close as possible to your original preferred day. Should this not be acceptable a full refund will be made.
Grayline Iceland's main bus terminal is located at Klettagarðar 4,To view the map, please click here