Golden Circle Classic
This popular excursion introduces you to some of the best known historical sites and natural phenomena in Iceland.
We start by visiting the Þingvellir National Park, where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi was founded in the year 930 AD. Þingvellir is geologically remarkable and the tectonic plate boundaries form a breathtaking scenery.
We continue to the beautiful waterfall Gullfoss, where we can walk so close to the edge that we might feel the mist of the glacial water on our faces.
Our lunchbreak is usually at the Gullfoss Cafe. Sometimes we also stop for lunch at the Information Center at the geothermal area around Geysir.
From there we journey towards the geothermal area around the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur before returning to Reykjavik.
- Þingvellir National Park - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tectonic plates of Europe and North America
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
*Due to weather and road conditions we cannot guarantee visits to Nesjavellir in the winter season.
- Please note while children under 12 can travel free of charge on this tour we will need to reserve a place for them in the coach, so please remember to let us know how many children are travelling and how old they are.
- Due to restrictions imposed by supplier there must be 2 children per 1 paying adult. Additional Children need to be added as adults.
Grayline Iceland's main bus terminal is located at Klettagarðar 4,To view the map, please click here