Northern Lights Mystery
Join us for a mysterious coach trip, on a dark winter night. Any time from the onset of autumn darkness until the light nights of spring we can witness one of nature’s most spectacular displays; the phenomenon which we call the Northern Lights!
Far from the glow of the city, you will hunt for the elusive Aurora Borealis – known as the Northern Lights. Together we will search for these magnificent auroras.
On a clear night, you may be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights swirling in a wild and carefree dance across the sky in dramatic shapes, colours, patterns and sizes.
The Northern Lights are visible from September through April but can only be seen on a clear night. Therefore, we reserve the right to cancel this tour if the evening sky is heavily clouded or weather conditions are not favourable. A decision is taken daily at 6 pm whether the tour will take place or not.
- Watching the Northern Lights flashing across the sky in brilliant patterns
- Learning about the science of Northern Lights
- Engaging and educating guidance
- Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon - no one can guarantee sightings
- Before the start of this tour, the supplier will always check the weather forecast around the south western part of Iceland. From experience, they then decide where each journey will lead us, for the best possibilities to see the Northern Lights.
- If you don’t see the Northern Lights on your tour, please contact our local supplier and their agents will book you another Northern lights tour, free of charge.
- Please note while children under 12 can travel free of charge on this tour but YOU MUST ADVISE US IN ADVANCE as a place will need to be reserve for them in the coach.
- Please Note: Each ticket/booking is subject to a maximum of two children for every one paying adult.
Grayline Iceland's main bus terminal is located at Klettagarðar 4,To view the map, please click here